Are you tired of the old, slow way of making rental agreements? Wish there was a quicker, easier way? eSahayak is your answer. We offer a quick, easy way to create rent agreements online, based on your state’s rent laws, right from your home. Plus, we deliver 100% legally compliant rent agreements straight to your doorstep.
No more dealing with the hassles and long waits of the old way. With us, you can easily make a legal rent agreement.
We strongly support India’s goal for digital transformation, as set by our Prime Minister. We aim to change how Indian citizens everywhere access legal, admin, and citizen services. Our easy-to-use digital service lets you manage important documents from anywhere, helping build a more digital India. Together, we can make a stronger, better-connected nation for the future.
Our goal at eSahayak is to offer a one stop online platform for all kinds of legal documentation services at your doorstep.
Say goodbye to the old ways and welcome the ease of eSahayak. We focus on teamwork and making our customers happy. Let us help you make legal rent agreements from your home.
Rent Agreement Format for Lakshadweep
At eSahayak, we offer pre-designed rent agreement format specifically tailored to meet the requirements of Lakshadweep. Our format incorporates the relevant clauses and provisions mandated by the local laws, ensuring compliance and legality.
Our rent agreement format for Lakshadweep cover essential aspects such as the duration of the agreement, rent fixation, maintenance responsibilities, and other crucial terms and conditions outlined in The Draft Lakshadweep Tenancy Regulation, 2021.
With our user-friendly interface, landlords and tenants can easily select and customize the rent agreement to suit their specific needs. You can customise the agreement by filling in the necessary details, including the parties involved, property information, rent amount, and other specific terms and conditions.
Our pre-designed rent agreement format simplifies the process, saving you time and ensuring that your rent agreement accurately reflects the agreement between you and the other party. You can conveniently adapt the format to include additional clauses or provisions based on your unique requirements while adhering to the legal framework provided by the state.
Important clauses which should be covered in a Rent Agreement
When drafting a rental agreement, including the following clauses can help protect both the landlord and tenant and avoid potential disputes:
- Payments: Clearly state the amounts for rent, monthly maintenance, and security deposit to avoid confusion. Specify the due date for rent payment each month.
- Late Payment Penalty: Outline the penalty or additional charges that the tenant may incur for delayed rent payments.
- Lock-in Period: Specify the minimum duration during which neither party can terminate the contract to prevent unexpected early termination.
- Consequences of Overstay: Clearly state the penalties or charges if the tenant continues to occupy the property after the lease term is over without renewing the agreement.
- Food Habits: If the landlord has specific restrictions on food habits within the property (e.g., no consumption of non-vegetarian food, alcohol, or drugs), explicitly mention those restrictions in the agreement.
- Pets: If the landlord does not permit pets on the property, include a clause stating that pets are not allowed.
- Maintenance and Repairs: Define the responsibilities of both parties regarding property maintenance and repairs. Specify who is responsible for certain types of repairs and how they should be reported and addressed.
- Subletting: Clearly state whether subletting the property is allowed or not. If allowed, outline the conditions and requirements for subletting.
- Security Deposit: Clearly mention the amount of the security deposit and the conditions under which it will be refunded to the tenant at the end of the lease term.
- Notice Period: Specify the notice period required by both parties for early termination of the agreement.
- Entry and Inspection: Establish guidelines for how and when the landlord can enter the property for inspection or maintenance purposes.
- Use of Property: Outline the permissible use of the property by the tenant and any restrictions or prohibitions on certain activities.
- Utilities and Bills: Clarify whether utilities like water, electricity, gas, etc., are included in the rent or need to be paid separately by the tenant.
- Dispute Resolution: Include a clause for dispute resolution, such as mediation or arbitration, to settle any disagreements between the parties.
The Draft Lakshadweep Tenancy Regulation, 2021
The Draft Lakshadweep Tenancy Regulation, 2021 has the following provisions for rent agreements:
- All rent agreements must be in writing. This means that verbal agreements will not be enforceable.
- The rent payable in respect of a premises shall be the rent agreed to between the landlord and the tenant in accordance with the terms of the tenancy agreement. This means that the tenant and landlord can agree on any rent amount, as long as it is in writing.
- The rent agreement must be registered with the Rent Authority. This is a new requirement, and it is designed to protect the interests of both landlords and tenants.
- The rent agreement must specify the term of the tenancy. This can be for a fixed period of time, or it can be a periodic tenancy (e.g., month-to-month).
- The rent agreement must specify the rights and obligations of the landlord and tenant. This includes things like the landlord’s right to enter the premises, the tenant’s right to sublet the premises, and the tenant’s obligation to pay rent on time.
The Draft Lakshadweep Tenancy Regulation, 2021 is still in the public consultation phase, so it is possible that some of these provisions may be changed before the regulation is finalized. However, these are the key provisions that have been proposed so far.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about rent agreements under the Draft Lakshadweep Tenancy Regulation, 2021:
- The rent agreement must be in the local language.
- The rent agreement must be signed by both the landlord and the tenant.
- The rent agreement must be stamped and registered with the Rent Authority.
Stamp Duty and Registration Charges
The stamp duty and registration charges for rent agreements in Lakshadweep are as follows:
- Tenancy period of less than 11 months:
- Stamp duty: 200
- Registration charges: Nil
- Tenancy period of more than 11 months:
- Stamp duty: 2% of the monthly rent amount.
- Registration charges: 1% of the monthly rent amount.
For example, if the monthly rent amount is Rs. 10,000, then the stamp duty and registration charges for a tenancy period of less than 11 months would be Rs. 100 and Rs. 50 respectively. The stamp duty and registration charges for a tenancy period of more than 11 months would be Rs. 200 and Rs. 100 respectively.
It is important to note that these are the general rates for stamp duty and registration charges. The actual rates may vary depending on the location of the property. You should consult with a lawyer or a stamp duty calculator to get the exact rates for your property.
Why Choose eSahayak for Your Rent Agreement Needs?
- Convenience: Get your digitally signed and stamped rent agreement delivered instantly on WhatsApp, with the option for doorstep delivery with live tracking.
- User-Friendly Interface: Our platform is designed to be easy to navigate, making it simple for anyone to create a legally valid rent agreement from any device.
- 100% Legally Valid: Our rent agreement formats are carefully crafted to adhere to the local laws and regulations of your state, ensuring legality and peace of mind.
- Dedicated Support: Our dedicated customer support team is always available to assist you with any questions on WhatsApp for any questions you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the digitally signed agreement legally valid in Lakshadweep?
Yes, a digitally signed agreement is legally valid. In India, digital signatures hold the same legal weight as physical signatures, as per the Information Technology Act, 2000. Rest assured, with eSahayak’s secure and authenticated digital signatures, your rent agreement is legally binding and recognised in the eyes of the law.
Is Notary necessary for rent agreement in Lakshadweep?
The purpose of notary is to authenticate the signatures of landlord(s) and tenant(s) on your agreement. When you sign the agreement digitally using eSahayak then this authentication is done using your Aadhaar Number, so there is no need of Notarisation when you make your rent agreement on eSahayak.
If you are interested in learning more about e-signatures and their legal aspects, you can refer to section 3(1)(a) of the IT Act 2000.