Discover the seamless way to obtain stamp papers online through eSahayak. With our efficient service, you can receive your required stamp papers within 15 minutes of placing your order. Whether you prefer a digital copy or a hard copy, we’ve got you covered. Experience the convenience of quick delivery and hassle-free procurement of your stamp paper needs.
Table of Contents
The Uttar Pradesh Stamp Act, 2010
The Uttar Pradesh Stamp Act, 2010 was a law that said how much stamp duty you had to pay on certain documents, such as deeds, contracts, and receipts. It also said what happened if you didn’t pay the right amount of stamp duty.
The Act was repealed in 2019 because it had a lot of errors in it. The current law that applies to stamp duty in Uttar Pradesh is the Indian Stamp Act, 1899. This law is older, but it is more comprehensive and well-tested.
Here are some examples of documents that are chargeable with stamp duty under the Indian Stamp Act, 1899:
- Deeds of conveyance of immovable property
- Promissory notes
- Bills of exchange
The amount of stamp duty payable on these documents varies depending on the type of document and the value of the property or transaction involved.
Stamp Duty in UP
|Acknowledgement of a debt
|A written acknowledgment of owing a debt.
|Rs. 10 per Rs. 100 of the amount acknowledged
|A bond filed by administrators of an estate.
|Legal document formalizing the adoption of a person.
|A written statement of facts sworn to be true.
|Appointment in Execution of Power
|Document appointing someone to execute a power.
|Appraisement or Valuation
|Document relating to the appraisal or valuation of property.
|Agreement outlining terms of an apprenticeship.
|Articles of Association of a Company
|Document detailing regulations for a company’s operation.
|Articles of Clerkship
|Document related to a clerk’s articles of training.
|Bond related to maritime law, involving ship and cargo.
|Rs. 2.5 on every Rs. 500
|Document cancelling a previous agreement or transaction.
|Certificate of Sale
|Document certifying the sale of property.
|Rs. 5 on Every Rs. 500
|Certificate or Other Document
|General term for various types of certificates.
|Agreement settling terms of debt repayment.
|Conveyance in the nature of part performance
|Conveyance showing partial transfer.
|90% of (Rs. 5 on Every Rs. 500)
|Copy or extract
|Duplicate copy or extract of a document.
|Counterpart or duplicate
|Duplicate or counterpart of an original document.
|Bond related to customs duties or taxes.
|Varies depending on the value of the goods imported or exported
|Document evidencing a loan or debt.
|Varies depending on the amount of the debenture
|Legal dissolution of a marriage.
|Entry as an advocate, vakil, or attorney on the roll of any high court
|Enrolment as a legal practitioner.
|Rs. 500 (Advocate/Vakil), Rs. 250 (Attorney)
|Exchange of Property
|Transfer of property through exchange.
|Varies depending on the value of the property exchanged
|Additional charge on an existing mortgage.
|Varies depending on the amount secured by the charge
|Transfer of property as a gift.
|Rs. 5 on Every Rs. 500
|Bond ensuring compensation for loss or damage.
|Varies depending on the amount of the indemnity
|Legal agreement for property use.
|Letter of allotment of shares
|Letter confirming allocation of shares in a company.
|Letter of Credit (Letter of Guarantee)
|Financial instrument to ensure payment to a third party.
|Letter of License
|Document granting a license for certain actions.
|Memorandum of association of a company
|Legal document outlining company’s constitution.
|Document related to mortgage of property.
|Varies depending on the value of the property mortgaged
|Mortgage of a crop
|Mortgage of agricultural produce or crop.
|Act performed by a notary public, often involving oaths.
|Note or Memorandum
|Written note or memorandum of a transaction.
|Order for the payment of money
|Official order for the payment of a certain amount.
|Document related to the partition of property.
|Agreement outlining terms of partnership.
|Dissolution of Partnership
|Document regarding the dissolution of a partnership.
|Power of Attorney
|Authorization to act on someone’s behalf.
|Rupee 1 apart from attorney to sell any immovable property
|Protest of Bill or Note
|Formal declaration of dishonor of a negotiable instrument.
|Document acknowledging the receipt of money or goods.
|Reconveyance of Mortgaged Property
|Transfer of mortgaged property back to the owner.
|Document releasing someone from a claim or obligation.
|Bond providing security against a certain event.
|Varies depending on the amount secured by the bond
|Surrender of Lease
|Document surrendering a lease agreement.
How It Works?
- Fill in Details: Provide the necessary information like your state, denomination of stamp, and purpose of stamp paper and provide us the information of purchaser. Choose between a digital soft copy or opt for a hard copy if you need doorstep delivery.
- Swift Processing: Once you’ve submitted your details, sit back and relax. Within 15 minutes, you’ll receive the soft copy of the stamp paper on your WhatsApp number.
Why Choose eSahayak for Your Stamp Paper Needs?
Discover the advantages of procuring stamp papers through eSahayak’s service, simplifying your stamp paper procurement process.
- Simpler Than Physically Obtaining Stamp Paper Skip the queues and save time by obtaining stamp papers online. With eSahayak, the process is streamlined, eliminating the need for physical visits.
- Error Avoidance and Editing Convenience Before placing your final order, our system prompts you to review and reconfirm the stamp paper details. This step minimises the chances of errors and allows for corrections and edits before proceeding.
- Timely Availability With eSahayak, you can count on timely availability. Receive your stamp papers promptly without any unnecessary delays.
- Digital Accessibility and Security Say goodbye to the risk of losing physical documents. eSahayak ensures that your stamp papers are always digitally accessible, providing you with peace of mind.
- Nationwide Access from the Comfort of Your Home No matter where you are in the country, you can place stamp duty orders through eSahayak from the comfort of your home. Our platform is designed to cater to your needs, regardless of your location.