Table of Contents
Discover the seamless way to obtain stamp papers online through eSahayak. With our efficient service, you can receive your required stamp papers within 15 minutes of placing your order. Whether you prefer a digital copy or a hard copy, we’ve got you covered. Experience the convenience of quick delivery and hassle-free procurement of your stamp paper needs.
The Indian Stamp (Pondicherry Amendment) Act, 1970
The Indian Stamp (Pondicherry Amendment) Act, 1970 is an Act of the Legislative Assembly of Pondicherry that amended the Indian Stamp Act, 1899, in its application to the Union territory of Pondicherry. The Act came into force on 15th August, 1970.
The Act made a number of amendments to the Indian Stamp Act, including:
- If you have mortgaged your property, you can deduct the amount of stamp duty you paid for the mortgage from the stamp duty you need to pay when you transfer the property.
- If you are transferring property for less than Rs. 100, you will pay a lower stamp duty.
- Documents relating to religious endowments are exempt from stamp duty.
- If you are transferring property to someone who has already bought it from someone else, you will pay a lower stamp duty.
- If you do not pay stamp duty, you will be penalized.
- The Collector can make rules to implement the Act.
- A Director of Stamps will be appointed to oversee the implementation of the Act.
- A list of documents that are chargeable with stamp duty is provided.
Stamp Duty in Puducherry
|Acknowledgement of a debt
|A written acknowledgment of owing a debt.
|A bond filed by administrators of an estate.
|Legal document formalizing the adoption of a person.
|A written statement of facts sworn to be true.
|Agreement or Memorandum of an Agreement
|A contract between parties outlining terms and conditions.
|Rs. 1 for every 10,000
|Agreement related to deposit of Title-Deeds, Pawn or Pledge
|Document related to the deposit or pledge of assets.
|0.1 percent on the loan or debt
|Appointment in Execution of Power
|Document appointing someone to execute a power.
|Appraisement or Valuation
|Document relating to the appraisal or valuation of property.
|Agreement outlining terms of an apprenticeship.
|Articles of Association of a Company
|Document detailing regulations for a company’s operation.
|Rs. 1000 for every 10,00,000 subject to a maximum of 50,00,000
|Articles of Clerkship
|Document related to a clerk’s articles of training.
|Bill of Exchange
|Written order to pay a certain amount to a specific party.
|Bond related to maritime law, involving ship and cargo.
|50 paise for every Rs. 500
|Document cancelling a previous agreement or transaction.
|Certificate of Sale
|Document certifying the sale of property.
|Rs. 1 on Every Rs.1000
|Certificate or Other Document
|General term for various types of certificates.
|Rs. 1 on Every Rs.1000
|Agreement for hiring a whole or part of a ship.
|Agreement settling terms of debt repayment.
|Transfer of property ownership.
|Rs. 5 on Every Rs. 100
|Conveyance in the nature of part performance
|Conveyance showing partial transfer.
|90% of (Rs. 5 on Every Rs. 100)
|Copy or extract
|Duplicate copy or extract of a document.
|Counterpart or duplicate
|Duplicate or counterpart of an original document.
|Bond related to customs duties or taxes.
|Document evidencing a loan or debt.
|Rs. 3.75 on every Rs. 500
|Legal dissolution of a marriage.
|Entry as an advocate, vakil, or attorney on the roll of any high court
|Enrolment as a legal practitioner.
|Rs. 500 (Advocate/Vakil), Rs. 250 (Attorney)
|Additional charge on an existing mortgage.
|Rs. .005 on Every Rs. 100
|Legal agreement for property use.
|Letter of allotment of shares
|Letter confirming allocation of shares in a company.
|Letter of Credit (Letter of Guarantee)
|Financial instrument to ensure payment to a third party.
|Letter of License
|Document granting a license for certain actions.
|Memorandum of association of a company
|Legal document outlining company’s constitution.
|Order for the payment of money
|Official order for the payment of a certain amount.
|Agreement outlining terms of partnership.
|Dissolution of Partnership
|Document regarding the dissolution of a partnership.
|Power of Attorney
|Authorization to act on someone’s behalf.
|Protest of Bill or Note
|Formal declaration of dishonor of a negotiable instrument.
|Surrender of Lease
|Document surrendering a lease agreement.
How It Works
- Fill in Details: Provide the necessary information like your state, denomination of stamp, and purpose of stamp paper and provide us the information of purchaser. Choose between a digital soft copy or opt for a hard copy if you need doorstep delivery.
- Swift Processing: Once you’ve submitted your details, sit back and relax. Within 15 minutes, you’ll receive the soft copy of the stamp paper on your WhatsApp number.
Why Choose eSahayak for Your Stamp Paper Needs?
Discover the advantages of procuring stamp papers through eSahayak’s service, simplifying your stamp paper procurement process.
- Simpler Than Physically Obtaining Stamp Paper Skip the queues and save time by obtaining stamp papers online. With eSahayak, the process is streamlined, eliminating the need for physical visits.
- Error Avoidance and Editing Convenience Before placing your final order, our system prompts you to review and reconfirm the stamp paper details. This step minimises the chances of errors and allows for corrections and edits before proceeding.
- Timely Availability With eSahayak, you can count on timely availability. Receive your stamp papers promptly without any unnecessary delays.
- Digital Accessibility and Security Say goodbye to the risk of losing physical documents. eSahayak ensures that your stamp papers are always digitally accessible, providing you with peace of mind.
- Nationwide Access from the Comfort of Your Home No matter where you are in the country, you can place stamp duty orders through eSahayak from the comfort of your home. Our platform is designed to cater to your needs, regardless of your location.