Special Marriage Certificate Hyderabad can be applied when marriages are registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. It is an Act of the Parliament of India with provision for civil marriage for people of India and all Indian nationals in foreign countries, irrespective of religion or faith followed by either party.
Procedure For Registration Of a Special Marriage in Hyderabad
- Click on the Generate Now Button and get your marriage registration documents.
- Persons belonging to different relations and faiths can have their marriage Solemnized under this Act.
- Marriages performed under other forms can also be registered under this Act.
- The persons intending to register their marriage have to give notice thereof in writing in Triplicate in forms specified under the second schedule under Section 5 to the marriage officer of the District in which at least one of the parties to the marriage have resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which notice is given.
- After the receipt of the notice, the marriage officer shall enter a true copy in the marriage notice Book and shall cause the notice to be published in the notice board of his office and also see that the notice is published in the office of the marriage Registrars in whose District the parties are permanently residing.
- Any person before the expiration of 30 days may make an objection that the marriage contravenes the essential conditions noted above.
After the expiry of 30 days of notice the Sub-Registrar shall register the marriage after the Bridegroom and Bride sign a declaration in the form specified in the Third Schedule in the presence of three witnesses and they should utter in the language known i(a) take the (b) I take b) to be my lawful wife. Then Special Marriage Certificate will be issued
The parties may choose any other form like exchanging the Garlands etc., apart from the above
By this process, the marriage is deemed to have been solemnized and the marriage officer shall enter the particulars in the Special Marriage Certificate book and it will be signed by the parties to the marriage and Three Witnesses.
The procedure of Registration of Marriage performed in other forms
All the above procedures are the same except that the utterance of i(a) take the (b) I take b) to be my lawful wife.
The parties may choose any other form like exchanging the Garlands ….etc apart from the above.
After the above procedure is over the parties will be issued an extract of the marriage register.
Essential conditions to obtain a Special Marriage Certificate Hyderabad:
- Neither party has a spouse Living
- Neither party is an idiot or lunatic
- The bridegroom has completed the age of 21 years and the Bride has completed the age of 18 years.
- Both the Bridegroom and Bride are not within the prohibited relationship.
Required Documents for Special Marriage Certificate Hyderabad:
- Completely filled application form signed by both husband and wife
- Address proof of current residing address which should be on Bride or Grooms Name (Proof of Address- Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport, Driving License )
- 2 passport sized photographs
- 2 Photos of Bride and Groom in marriage dress taken during marriage ritual which clearly shows they are taking part in marriage ceremony
- Separate Marriage Affidavits in prescribed format from Husband & Wife
- Proof of Date of Birth of both husband and wife (Documents which serve as Proof of Age preferably 10th class mark sheet with date of birth)
- Aadhaar Card
- Marriage Invitation Card
- All documents must be self-attested
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
To whom does the special marriage act apply?
It applies to all, irrespective of religion, caste, language.
Can a marriage performed already according to religious customs be registered under the special marriage act? If so how to get registered?
Application duly filled in should be given in the prescribed form in duplicate under Section 16 of the Special Marriage Act 1954 along with a prescribed fee to the marriage officer. If there are no objections, the marriage officer will register the marriage after 30 days if the husband and wife appear along with 3 witnesses subject to the following conditions:
1. They should have married and must be living together since then.
2. At the time of marriage, any of them should not have more than one living wife or husband.
3. Any of them should not be an idiot or lunatic at the time of registration of marriage.
4. Husband and wife should have completed the age of 21. They should not be within the degree of prohibited relationship described in schedule I of the Act.
5. Husband and wife should have lived for a period not less than 30 days within the jurisdiction of the marriage officer where registration is sought to be done.
Want to see our complete library of forms? Click here