As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for any drivers to hold a valid driving licence to drive on the road. In India, the driving licence is issued by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways is valid for a certain period. However, the application for renewal of driving licence has to made within 30 days from the date of expiry of validity. You can apply for renewal of Driving License on eSahayak.
Driving License Renewal Process
Step 1: A driving license can be renewed using the form no. 9. Click on Generate Now button, answer few questions and your driving license renewal file will be ready in minutes.
Step 2: Attach the required document proofs along with the generated document.
Step 3: Submit the documents at the Regional Transport Office (RTO).
Step 4: Upon verification, renewed driving license can be obtained from your nearby RTO Office.
Documents Required for Renewal Of Driving License
- Copy of applicant’s medical certificate.
- Proof of age: Any valid government-issued document like Aadhar card, PAN card, passport, voter ID card etc. have to be enclosed.
- Address proof: passport, driving licence, electricity bill, phone bill, lease agreement etc.
- Passport size photographs of the applicant have to be furnished.
- Valid permanent driving licence has to be submitted.
- In the case of the address change, a permanent licence holder should update the same within one month at the RTO/RTA. Also, the person can visit the RTO office, which issued the original license or at the nearest regional office and can prepare their documents by clicking here.
- If the permanent driving licence holder has relocated to another state, then the licence holder from another state also has to submit a copy of NOC issued.
Validity of Renewed Driving License
|Sr. No||Type Of Vehicle||Validity|
|1||Transport Vehicle||3 Years|
|2||Non-Transport Vehicle||5 Years|
|Note: If driving Licence expired more than 5 years ago, a new driving test would be conducted for renewal of the License.|
Government Fee For Renewal of Driving License
|1||Renewal of Driving License||INR 200|
|2||Renewal of driving licence for which the application is made after the grace period.||INR 300|