The Government of India has a number of official classifications of the population of India. These include: General Class, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (SCs and STs). One of them is Other Backward Class (OBC). It is a term used to classify castes which are educationally or socially disadvantaged.
In Andhra Pradesh an OBC certificate is issued by the State Revenue Department and allows equality to exist among all the citizens.
Process of getting an OBC Certificate in Andhra Pradesh
Step 1: Click on Generate Now button, answer few questions and get your pre-filled application form ready in minutes.
Step 2: Pay the documentation fee and download the PDF.
Step 3: Attach the required document proofs with your application:
Step 4: Submit your application to caste registration services at the Integrated Service Delivery Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. There is an application fee of ₹10.
Step 5: Your application will be processed and you should receive your certificate in 2-3 weeks.
Benefits of OBC Certificate in Andhra Pradesh
- For waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges.
- To avail quotas in the educational institutions.
- To be eligible to apply for scholarships.
- To get government jobs under the reserved category.
- To get government subsidies.
Eligibility Criteria for OBC Certificate in Andhra Pradesh
- The applicant should be a citizen of Andhra Pradesh state.
- Any citizen can apply for the caste certificate if he/she belongs to a backward community like Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC).
What Documents are Required for OBC Certificate in Andhra Pradesh?
- The filled form
- Your Aadhar Card/ Ration Card/ EPIC Card
- Any supporting document for the present residential proof like Voter Card, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill etc.
- School leaving certificate/ transfer certificate
- A copy of the OBC certificate of your father, brother, sister or of your blood relative from the paternal side, if available.
- Particulars of property owned by father/mother/spouse if applicable.
- Proof of income and income tax returns of father/mother/spouse
You can get started by filling your application form now using eSahayak!