Apply Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand
Marriages that are solemnized in the State of Uttarakhand are to be compulsorily registered and get their Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand under the Marriage Registration Act, 2010 under Hindu Marriage Act or the Special Marriage Act. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. But when one of them or both of them are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, or Sikhs the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
It is mandatory to register the marriage in Uttarakhand under the law to prevent marriage frauds, child marriages, bigamy, and desertions of women by their husbands and it also serves as proof for applying for a passport and helps in claiming bank deposits, in case of demise of a partner.
In this article, we will be discussing the procedure of Registering for a Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand.
Apply for Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand: Apply now!
Who can apply for a Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand?
The following criteria should be fulfilled to get a Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand-
- The age of the Bridegroom/Husband to be should be a minimum of 21 years and above.
- The age of Bride/Wife to be should be a minimum of 18 years and above.
- At the time of marriage registration, there should not be more than one spouse for the groom or the bride.
- The applicant needs to be a permanent resident of Uttarakhand.
- Any one of the following places should fall within the jurisdiction of the Registering officer.
a. Permanent Residence of Bridegroom
b. Solemnization Place of Marriage
How to apply for Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand?
As India is a diverse country in terms of its Culture and Traditions so the procedure also is different for registering for Marriage. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to get a marriage certificate in Uttarakhand.
Step 1: Complete your Application form of Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand by clicking here or on Generate Now Button.
Step 2: After all the details are verified we will send you the e-Application Number along with a soft copy of your Marriage Certificate Form within 72 Hours Of registration.
Step 3: Get two hard copies of the Form sent to you and attach the photographs of Bride and Groom and get it signed by all the concerned i.e. By the Bride, Groom, Father/Guardian of both the parties and Witnesses.
Step 4: Get a print of the certificate Form attached with this file on plain paper. The certificate and the Marriage application sent by us should be verified and signed by the concerned authority of your area.
Step 5: Both the Bride and Groom along with 2 witnesses should be present at the registrar’s office. After the physical verification of the documents, you will get your marriage certificate.
Apply for Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand: Apply Now!
What are the Required Documents to register for marriage in Uttarakhand?
The following documents are required to apply a Marriage Certificate in Uttarakhand-
- 2 Passport Size Photos of Bride
- Proof of Wedding (Wedding Invitation card or Temple / Church Marriage Receipts)
- Birth Certificate of both Bride and Groom
- Proof of Residence of Both Bride and Groom
- 2 Passport Size Photos of Groom
- Invitation card of both Bride and Groom
- Joint Affidavit of Bride And Groom
- ID Proof of both the legal witnesses.
- ID Proof of Legal Guardian of both Bride and Groom
- The downloaded copy of the e-Application is Valid for 30 days after filling up the online application form.
- The certificates can be verified by- Member of Parliament, Member of State Legislature, Gazetted officer, Pradhan of the gram sabha, Sarpanch of Nyay Panchayat, Member/Chairman of Zila Panchayat, Member/Head of Regional Committee, Member/Chairman of Municipal Board/Municipal Corporation, TownBoard, Cantonment Board, i.e.coroportor/Member/Councilor/Chairman and in case any party to the marriage is a resident outside of India, a letter of confirmation /NOC given by the consul / Deputy Consul of the country of his citizenship, situated in India.