A marriage certificate is a legal record, which certifies the marriage bond of a bride and bridegroom.
The concerned State Government is empowered to issue marriage certificates in every State of India. Let’s look at the eligibility and requirements for obtaining marriage certificate Jharkhand in detail.
The bride and the groom should satisfy the following conditions of eligibility to acquire the marriage certificate in Jharkhand:
- The groom or the bride should be a permanent resident of India for obtaining a marriage certificate in Jharkhand.
- At the time of the marriage, the concerned party should have a living spouse.
- The groom must have attained the age of 21, and the bride must be the age of 18.
Application Procedure of Marriage Certificate Jharkhand
Step 1: Fill application form
Click on the generate now button, answer few questions and your marriage certificate application form will be ready in minutes.
Step 2: Attach all the document proofs
After generating the marriage certificate application form, attach the required document proofs along with the application form.
Step 3: Submit the documents
Submit the documents at the office of the marriage registrar in the particular jurisdiction. The jurisdiction could either be the location of the marriage or the place where one of the couples were residing for the last six months immediately preceding the date of marriage.
|Marriage Certificate is valid for a lifetime or at least until the couple part ways.|
Documents required to register a marriage in Jharkhand
- Application form (Generate Now)
- Affidavit of the couple stating the place of marriage occurred including the details of marriage date, marital status and nationality. (It will be generated along with Application Form)
- Passport size photo of the applicant and photograph of a marriage invitation card, if any.
- Residency proof of the applicant
- Birth certificate of the groom (Age Proof)
- Birth certificate of the bride (Age Proof)
- If marriage happens at a religious place, then the declaration by the priest.
- For divorced people, requires the order of divorce and verified copy of the death certificate.
Benefits of Marriage Certificate
The following are the benefits of obtaining Jharkhand marriage certificate:
- A marriage certificate establishes that marriage has occurred and can be used as an official record.
- It secures the minimum age for marriage to restrict child marriages.
- This certificate allows widows to claim the inheritance.
- It can also be used to check bigamy or polygamy.
- It serves as a deterrent to husbands abandoning their wives.
- This certificate assists women to exercise their rights of asylum from husband and for custody of children.
- Besides, its usage continues while appealing for passport service, visa to obtain immigration benefits.
Is a witness required to register for a marriage certificate?
Yes, it is mandatory to have a witness for registration for marriage certificate.