Rules for Chandigarh Marriage Registration
As per the provision of the Chandigarh registration of Marriage rule, Chandigarh Government has made marriage registration mandatory in the state. Marriage needs to be registered for the following purposes.
- To prevent child marriages.
- For enabling widows to claim an inheritance.
- To help women to claim their rights of maintenance from husband and custody of children.
- For claiming bank deposits and life insurances, in the event of a spouse passing away.
Process of Marriage Registration in Chandigarh
- Click on the Generate Now Button, answer few questions and get your pre-filled marriage certificate application form ready in minutes.
- Pay the application fees and download the pre-filled application form.
- Attach all the required document proofs along with the application form.
- Submit the form to the concerned operator.
- Upon submission, the user will receive the transaction number to the registered mobile number informing the details about your marriage registration process on successful registration. The application has to make a note on transaction Id to check the status of the application online.
- The Tehsildar/ Registrar officer will forward the request for a marriage certificate online to the concerned authority.
- You will get your Marriage Certificate in a given timeframe.
Documents Required for Registration of Marriage in Chandigarh
a) Ration Card
c) Driving license
d) Voter ID
e) Electricity bill
f) Property tax receipt
g) Water bill
a) Birth certificate of bride and groom
b) Pan Card
c) Aadhaar card
d) Medical Certificate
a) Two passport size pictures of the bride and groom
b) Photo of the witnesses
Statement from parents of bride and groom
a) Death certificate in case of widow/widower
b) Order from court in case of divorce
Marriage criteria in Chandigarh
- At the time of registration, the bride and groom must not have any other spouses.
- Proper consent for marriage
- The groom must of at least 21 years of age while the bride must be of at least 18 years of age.
Applicable fee of Marriage Registration in Chandigarh
|1||Marriage registration within the month of Solemnization||₹5|
|2||Marriage registration after 30 days of Solemnization||₹10|
|3||Marriage Certification Fee (per copy)||₹2|