Registering Hindu Marriage Certificate in Hyderabad is an important legal formality under Law that has got to be easily completed at the Sub-Registrar Office. Having a wedding registration certificate will help the couple with various formalities like PAN card name change, passport, and visa application. The respective State Governments control the registration of marriages. A wedding registration certificate is often applied for and obtained through the Sub-Registrar office of the government. During this article, we glance at the procedure for obtaining a wedding registration certificate in Telangana State.
Procedure for Hindu Marriage Certificate in Hyderabad:
- One can apply at the Sub-Registrar office through a filled registration form (You can fill your form by clicking generate now)( Jurisdiction, the husband or wife resides with a valid address proof)
- The application form should be carefully filled.
- Required documents should be attached with the Application Form.
- The application should be made within 30 days of the marriage, the couple will be asked to appear before the Registrar along with their parents or guardians or other witnesses. On the said day, both parties, along with a gazetted Officer who attended their marriage, need to be present before the ADM.
- All witnesses should sign in front of the Registrar
- The Court will get all the declarations of the parties verified and shall register the marriage in the presence of four witnesses.
- The marriage registration certificate will be issued after the registration of the marriage.
- Bride minimum age at the solemnization of marriage is 18 years completed.
- Bridegroom minimum age at the solemnization of marriage – 21 years completed.
- A marriage which has already been solemnised can be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both the husband and the wife are Hindus.
- Three witnesses to sign in the form.
- Three witnesses to sign in the register of the Registrar office.
- Address proof of current residing address which should be on Bride or Grooms name(Proof of Address- Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport, Driving License )
- 2 passport size photographs
- 2 Photos of Bride and Groom in marriage dress taken during marriage ritual which clearly show they are taking part in marriage ceremony
- Proof of Date of Birth of both husband and wife (Documents which serve as Proof of Age preferably 10th class mark sheet with date of birth)
- Aadhaar Card
- Marriage Invitation Card
- Three witnesses to certify your marriage
- All documents must be self attested
- Carefully check the details filled in the Form.
- Names of the bride and groom shall always be tallied with the names given in the passport/SSC and other certificates. Otherwise, at the time of issuance of visa and other certificates, you may have to face problems.
- Check the certificate issued by the Sub Registrar office and if there are any discrepancies in the names or any other details, immediately bring them to the notice of the Sub Registrar and get them rectified.
- In case of any discrepancy in the details found subsequently in the marriage certificate issued by the Sub Registrar, there is a cumbersome procedure involved to rectify such discrepancies.
Hindu Marriage Certificate can be registered either:
- At the Sub Registrar Office where the marriage venue is situated,
- At the Sub Registrar Office in whose jurisdiction either wife or husband has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage.
The registrar may attend the marriage ceremony in person and register the same if he is requested to do so by submitting all the papers, prescribed fee in advance if it (time) is convenient to him.
It is advised to take all the precautions and thorough check of the documents during marriage registration itself.
Rule relating to marriage registration under Hindu Marriage Act is extracted hereunder:
An application for the registration of a Hindu Marriage, shall be in Form-‘A’ and shall be signed by each party to the marriage or by the guardian of such party and shall be presented in person before the Registrar in whose jurisdiction the marriage is solemnized or before the Registrar in whose jurisdiction either party to the marriage has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage.
For better understanding of the statutory position,the relevant portion of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 is given below:
Conditions for a Hindu Marriage Certificate
- A marriage may be solemnized between any two Hindus, if the following conditions are fulfilled, namely:-
- neither party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage;
- at the time of the marriage, neither party- is incapable of giving a valid consent to it in consequence of unsoundness of mind; or
- though capable of giving valid consent, has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children;
- has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity or epilepsy;
- the bridegroom has completed the age of twenty-one years and the bride, the age of eighteen years at the time of the marriage;
- the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits marriage between the two;
- the parties are not sapindas of each other unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits marriage between the two.
Want to see our complete library of forms? Click here