After having applied for and received your driver’s license, it is very likely that you may require some correction in the driver’s license details. These could be a change in address or in name. In order to do this, you can use eSahayak to fill your forms!
Process of Correction in Driver’s License
- Click on Generate now button, answer few questions and get your pre-filled form which need to be submitted in RTO later.
- Pay the fees for generating the documents and download the PDF.
- Get all the documents printed and attach all the required document proofs.
- Visit the nearest RTO and submit your application form.
How to Submit an Application for Correction in the Driver’s License
A government fee of ₹200 is applicable for any corrections to be made in your driver’s license. Additionally, you will need to submit the following:
- Proof of address and age (the following documents will be accepted):
- Aadhar Card
- Electoral Roll
- Life Insurance Policy
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Payslip issued by any office of the State Government or Central Government or a local Body
- Affidavit sworn before an Executive Magistrate or Notary Public or First Class Judicial Magistrate
- A certificate granted by a Registered Medical Practitioner, not below the rank of Civil Surgeon as to the age of the applicant
- Proof of name change (one of the following):
- Marriage certificate
- Copy of newspaper advertisement
- Affidavit sworn before a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public
- Form 1 – Self-declaration for physical fitness
- Form 1-A – Medical Certificate to be filled in by a registered medical practitioner
- Form 2
- Existing driver’s license
- Four passport-sized photographs of the applicant
What to do after generating the driving license documents file from eSahayak?
After filling the forms and printing the required documents, you can visit the nearest RTO and submit your application. The new license will be posted to the registered address.