Caste certificate or Jati Praman Patra is an essential document that certifies that a person belongs to a particular religion, community and caste. Citizens of Uttarakhand need to obtain a caste certificate to avail the various kinds of facilities offered by the Government. Particularly for the citizen of reserved categories such as Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe or Backward Classes to establish their candidature, caste certificate is one of the important documents.
Benefits of Caste Certificate in Uttarakhand
As described above, Jati Praman Patra mainly helps peoples who belong to the reserved category such as scheduled castes, tribes or backward classes in availing the following benefits:
- To obtain reservation of seats in the Legislatures
- To get a reservation in Government Service
- For Waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges, caste certificate is mandatory
- To avail quotas in educational institutions Uttarakhand Caste Certificate
- To get upper age relaxation limits while applying for certain jobs
- To apply for scholarships
- For obtaining Government subsidies
- For registering Government schemes
To avail these privileges, a citizen of Uttarakhand belonging to SC/ST or BC must have a valid Uttarakhand Jati Praman Patra.
Eligibility Criteria for Caste Certificate in Uttarakhand
Eligibility criteria to obtain Uttarakhand caste certificate is described in detail below:
- Caste certificate will be issued to a person who is a resident of Uttarakhand.
- If the name of the applicant is the statutory list of the backward castes issued by the Government of Uttarakhand, then he/she can apply for caste certificate.
- People of the tribe (SC/ST) listed in the notified orders of the President can apply for obtaining the tribal certificate.
Following documents needs to be furnished for obtaining Uttarakhand Jati Praman Patra.
- Application form in the prescribed format
- Caste certificate of father
- Address Proof – Ration card/Food Security Card, Voter ID, telephone bill or electricity bill can be produced
- Income certificate
- Certificates in respect to caste / warden / village head
- Passport Size Photograph
|Note: If any member of the BC family is under local inquiry before issuing Jati Praman Patra. The Residence certificate for a minimum period of time, a promissory note mentioned that the person belonging to the backward caste and special court stamp charges are required to submit at the time of application.|